How to fix VMWare vCenter Server Certificate issue in XenDesktop 7.8
In this post, we’ll learn the steps to fix VMWare vCenter Server Certificate issue in XenDesktop 7.8 while creating connection with VMWare vCenter Server 6.0. You would face certificate error while creating connection with VMWare vCenter Server, to fix the issue follow the steps given below:
1. To fix VMWare vCenter Server Certificate issue in XenDesktop 7.8, open Internet Explorer and type “https://vcs.itingredients.com“, this is the URL of vCenter Server. It will show the Getting Started console of VMware vSphere. This site is running on port 443 but it showing certificate error because this certificate is not published by the trusted authority.
2. Click on the certificate error and then click on “View certificates” to view the certificate of “https://vcs.itingredients.com”.
3. On Certificate console, we can see that “This CA Root certificate is not trusted. To enable trust, install this certificate in the Trusted Root Certification Authorities Store”. Click on Install Certificate to install this certificate in the appropriate store.
4. On Welcome to the Certificate Import Wizard console, select the Store location and click on Next to continue. Here we have selected the Local Machine as store location.
5. On Certificate Store console, either select “Automatically select the certificate store based on the type of certificate” so that windows can automatically select the certificate store. Or select “Place all certificates in the following store” to do it manually. Click on Browse to specify the location for the certificate.
6. To fix VMWare vCenter Server Certificate issue in XenDesktop 7.8, on Select Certificate Store console, select the “Trusted People” as the store of this certificate and then click on Ok.
7. Click on Next to continue the certificate import wizard.
8. On Completing the Certificate Import Wizard console, verify the settings specified on previous consoles and then click on Finish for successfully completing the import.
9. A dialog box appears regarding the successful import of certificate. Click on Ok to close this dialog box.
10. Now close the existing browser and open new browser and type “https://vcs.itingredients.com” and now no certificate error appears because the publisher of this certificate is a trusted certificate authority for our environment.
Hope you have understood the steps to fix VMWare vCenter Server Certificate issue in XenDesktop 7.8. Please feel free to leave your comments and suggestions in the comments section below.